SJS GGSSS Silana Observing World Malaria Day 2023, SJS GGSSS Silana celebrated World Malaria Day 2023 on April 20, 2023, at the school campus, and students and teachers drove an awareness programme in the villages under the guidance of Sh. Pardeep Kumar, Science Master, accompanied by Smt. Madhu, Smt. Sangeeta, Sh. Manjeet Singh, and all other teachers participated in an awareness campaign launched by the Principal, Sh. Mahinder Singh Yadav.
SJS GGSSS Silana Observed World Malaria Day 2023
Every year on April 25, the global malaria community comes together to emphasise worldwide efforts to end malaria and the need for sustained political commitment and continuous investment in malaria control and elimination. SJS GGSSS Silana Observed World Malaria Day 2023 at school and village in continuation of the day at local level. World Malaria Day 2023 is also organised in different schools under cluster, Silana(Jhajjar) as per the guidelines laid by the department for the day.
Trending Point: World Malaria Day 2023: April 25, Theme
2023 theme of World Malaria Day
Theme of the day is to Deliver Zero Malaria: Invest, Innovate, and Implement
“Time to deliver zero malaria: invest, innovate, implement” WHO
Invest in malaria-eradication initiatives. Priority should be given to the most marginalised and difficult-to-reach groups, who are less able to access services and suffer the most when they become unwell.
Increase your level of creativity. Add your voice to those pushing for novel vector control tactics, diagnostics, and medications to expedite malaria progress.
Implement the current strategies. There is an urgent need to make better use of available tools and tactics for malaria prevention, diagnosis, and treatment, particularly among unreachable communities. : WHO
Join Our Efforts to Eradicate Malaria in Your Area
Poster on World Malaria Day 2023 at GGSSS, SILANA
Follow the guidelines to eradicate malaria in your locality:
- Protection against mosquitoes in your home and area.
- Even if you utilise malaria protection, you are still at danger of contracting the disease.
SJS GGSSS Silana suggests the following precautions to avoid mosquito bites:
- Don’t keep your body exposed during these days.
- Use insect repellant on any exposed skin.
- Wear full dress during night.
- If you are going to be outside at night, wear long-sleeved clothes,apparel and long trousers.
- If your bedroom is not airy or screened, use a mosquito net over the bed.
- Treat the mosquito net with the insecticide.
- Mosquitoes can bite through thin clothing, so spray an insecticide or repellent on it.
- Before going to night, spray your bedroom with pyrethrin or a similar insecticide.
- Don’t allow excess water in your locality.
- Spread awareness to adopt prcautions to avoid mosquito bite.
- Contact your village health department for any fever.
- Get proper test for malaria.
Different Schools in Jhajjar Observed World Malaria Day 2023
Anti-malaria campaigns are being held at the following schools in the Jhajjar district: